Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dental Hygienist.....?

are there any out there??? Please give me your views on this proffession as a career. I am seriously considering going to school for it and i just wanted some feed back. Is it rewarding career?? Is the salary decent??? Please let me know!!!! Any input would help, thanks!!

Dental Hygienist.....?
Actually getting ready to apply to the program myself. Finishing up my prerequisites and hope to find out early next year. Know several people some have been in the field, others just getting started. All say they like it. Schedules are flexible, pay is good. I have checked salary.com and saw that in my area a typical hygienist will earn somewhere between 65,000 to 72,000 full time starting out.





If I were you, I would check with your local school and see what you can find out. Since the program is not offered at many schools in my area, I have to go to another community college. Talk to instructors and current students; I learned a lot from them.





Good Luck.
Reply:one of my best friends is going to school for that....in my area (Delaware Valley/Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington area) they make about $53000-$72000.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net