Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dental hygienist career?

Does anyone know what the only required classes I would have to take to become a dental hygienist? School is not my thing but if I could see what classes were required I might actually go for it. I've seen what some of them MIGHT be but not actually the REQUIRED ONLY classes would be. Any information would be great! Thanks!

Dental hygienist career?
Check with the schools online listings. I too am trying to get into a dental hygienists program in my area and have found that there three different schools with three different sets of entrance criteria.





There are some consistencies- Chemistry, Anatomy/Physiology I %26amp; II and Microbiology on the science side, English, Communications and Intro to Physcology and Intro to Sociology. Pretty much the basics for any general education requirement.





Some of the differences lie in a computer class requirement, or a math the was speciffically geared toward the medical professional.





Your best bet is to check on the Dental Hygienists link on the schools web site. They should list a desired schedule with the classes that they would recommend to you- these include some of the general requirements I listed as well as the Dental Hygienists classes which are required.





I went down the list and made sure that I had the classes listed in the general area covered with what I had taken so far. On the items that I was missing- those were the courses that I registered for. Also- most schools require that you have taken an assessment test that shows the level you would come in at if you were to take English and Math classes. Those scores were also taken into the registration process.





Completed the last one I needed in the fall 2007- have sent in all of my transcripts and registration forms so now I am just waiting to hear back.....





Good Luck.
Reply:It depends on where you plan on going for those classes. Try finding a school that teaches dental hygiene in which you'd be interested in. Then go to that school's website, their programs of study, dental hygiene, and it may take a little searching around, but they usually list the classes. Try http://www.adha.org/careerinfo/dir_educa... to find a school.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net