Monday, November 16, 2009

Does anybody hate being a dental hygienist as much as I do?

I am a dental hygienist and have been one now for five years. School was very difficult but I graduated five years ago and have been out in the real world. The dentists I have worked for our mostly about money, production numbers, etc. It is hard on my back, difficult work and frankly, patients have NOOOO clue how hard it is to become one. Most think you get trained on the job! Does anybody else feel that way? I am taking the GRE to go to Graduate School - I am thinking about becoming a Nurse Practitioner - first a Nurse and then an NP. I really want something that make me think and solve complex problems. I think I would like working in a hospital - even acute care. Any advice about any of this?

Does anybody hate being a dental hygienist as much as I do?
I think you are on the right path. Becoming a nurse practitioner is a great career move and there will be many career opportunities for years to come. The part that you need to consider though is nursing school. It isn't going to be easy, and working as a nurse in a hospital is also very, very hard and stressful work, but you will need solid nursing experience to become a good NP.





I think you can do it!





Good Luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net