Monday, November 16, 2009

I want to be a dental hygienist but I am getting a Bachelor's biology degree....?

I am attending the Unversity Of Missouri- Columbia, and in a few months I will be recieving a degree in biology. I want to know how I can use this degree to get into the career field of a dental hygienist. Since I already have a degree in a related core area, is there just let a test I could take to certify me as a DH or do I have to go for another 2-4 years to another school since UMC does not offer a dental curriculum?

I want to be a dental hygienist but I am getting a Bachelor's biology degree....?
You would need to check with your local community college. Since dental hygienists learn career specific information, more than likely you will need to attend a local hygienist program through school. Provided you have everything finished when you apply- your looking at 2-3 years depending on the school for part-time work in this area.





I am looking at this career option as well. I already have my degree in Business Admin and Accounting. I have taken all of the prerequisite science classes and will be applying in the spring. I will have to go back only for the Dental Hygiene specific courses- everything else is done. This will be 2 years, but I will only have to go part-time. You would probably need to same.





Not to mention that you will have clinicals that you will have to complete. No test will allow you to practice until after you have gone through the dental hygiene program. You would be wise to check with your state licensing board since this would put you in contact with patients.





Good Luck.

fitness shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net