Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dental Hygienist, Canada and America?

I am almost done with with high school and have to start thinking about my life. For quite a while, a job as a dental hygienist has always interested me. I hear that there are some two year programs that are pretty good, but I have no idea what they are like. I have good grades in high school, I am an honour roll student. I have an idea that the pay rate for a hygienist is around $40/hour.





If you are a dental hygienist, former dental hygienist, or just know your stuff, could you confirm my ideas and tell me what the schooling and pay is like? If I was wrong about anything, you can definitely tell me what I was wrong about.





Thanks

Dental Hygienist, Canada and America?
That pay rate is on the high end, but possible. The pay is more like $25-35 per hour. There a many two year hygiene programs. Don't go to a private school for hygiene since they will rip you off. There will be a program near where you live. Going to an expensive private program wont earn you any more money. Lastly, while it takes a lot longer, becoming a dentist will make you around $100 per hour. If your grades are good, you may want to try it. In the long run it is worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net