Saturday, November 14, 2009

Is a dental hygienist job fulfilling?

I'm thinking about becoming a dentist, but now I just feel like it would be too hard. I'm basing my high school classes (for next year) on becoming a dentist and I already feel like I'm going to die next year. For example, websites, schools, etc., say that you should probably take physics, chem, and bio in high school. To do this, I have to take two science classes junior year, (preferrably AS physics and AP Chem), and then AP bio senior year. I'm taking all honors classes junior year and so I'm really afraid for myself. I will also be playing a sport. I'm literally scared and I just want to know if these classes are possible! WHILE getting an A in them. (Classes junior year= AP US History, AP English, AG/Calc, Spanish III Honors, AP Chem, and AS Physics). Well anyways, so that's when I thought about becoming a dental hygienist...Flexible Hours, good pay, etc. I don't know, is it demanding...fulfilling? PLEASE, what are your thoughts?

Is a dental hygienist job fulfilling?
Go online to salary wizard.com and check the demand in your area and surrounding areas for this career. It can offer u some insight on pay, job skills needed, lowest and highest paid, job descriptions also. It may be worth it for u to try the dental major and play sports all at once just to see if u can really handle the load. If not drop a class or two and just take it slow. The pay between Dentist and dental assistant is noticeable though i guess it depends on where u work and how much school and experience u can offer. U can raise ur salary just by aquiring other skills-like being bilingual, and being certified radiologist etc...
Reply:Dental Hygienists are a bit over educated so the courses are hard. The hours are really flexible the pay is excellent. Fulfilling to so subjective but it seems to be.


Dentistry takes more commitment. Almost impossible to be a part time dentist these days. You can do without physics in high school frankly. If you do not take chem you stand a chance of flunking in college just having to learn to spell all the names and the general familiarity. Biol is not necessary.


Some recommend you only take the required sciences in college and major in something else.


You are ahead of the game taking calc.


I wish you luck with these no hype answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net