Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dental hygienist questions???

I have been thinking for a long time to go BACK to college to get my dental hygienist certifiicate. my only fear is my weakness in MATH which makes me weak in chemistry.





How difficult would it be to pass the courses if i have a weakness in these two areas. I know your prob shaking your head saying "how can you enter a science field if you cannot pass the simple courses"





I am caught between a rock and a hardplace. I am 36 years old! have 2 children and want to do this slow. THAT would mean DOUBLE the time for my schooling since i will do this part time. i am in a troubled marraige which one of the bigggggggest concerns I have is his lack of respect for who i am.


now my pride comes in.


if i enroll in this, I would rather drive off a bridge than fail. He would be expecting this.


so with that being said, should i even bother ? how much math in entailed in this whole program? how would i find out?????


thanks!

Dental hygienist questions???
Best of luck on your new endeavor!!!! I suck at math too and so did my daughter and she is now an RN. If you know your weakness's then they can certainly be addressed.


First I would check the school curriculum. You can either check it out on the Internet or if the school is local to you just call them. They will send you a brochure or a catalog.


Second, on the math/chemistry problem. The school will also help you with a tutor but I don't know if there is a fee but it might be a minimal amount. Also you will most likely qualify for PELL grants and there are so many other grants out there to assist.


Let me say this.... I truly admire and respect you for taking this leap. It won't be easy but nothing that is worth anything comes without hard work. I know that too you are concerned what "he" would say or think but you know what??? It doesn't matter. All anyone can do is their best and you appear to be a very hard worker with a good head on your shoulder. Don't let him get you down or rain on your parade.


Honestly??? I BELIEVE YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!


Good luck to you!!!!
Reply:Take some math refresher courses before you even begin the hygienist program. /That should help. A number of math classes can be taken on line. You can even hire a private tutor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net