Monday, May 17, 2010

What is the average Dental Hygienist income/yr in San Diego??

By this Fall, I will have a degree in Biology. I plan on moving to S.D. to be with my girlfriend(but not live with her). I enjoy working with people, (can't work in a lab) and would like to be able to provide for my future family by earning something close to 80,000+ a year(not out of greed but just being able to give my kids something I never had + allowing my future wife time to spend with the kids). I was thinking about dental hygiene does anyone have any input or any ideas for me. I would even be willing to work up to a job that pays that.

What is the average Dental Hygienist income/yr in San Diego??
You could get close to that salary if you worked 5 or 6 days a week. But hygiene is hard to do for that many days a week. It really takes a toll on your body believe it or not. Also there is only one program in San Diego and it is very intense and stressful (I just graduated from it!). It is all worth it if you can get through it but you have to be sure about it!
Reply:If you want to make that kind of money, you better go to dental school. Would that be 80,000 plus insurance, retirement and vacation. Have you thought about becoming a plumber? Just like a dentist reams everyone for a piece of plastic for a mouth guard and teeth withening, you can ream people when the toilet doesn't flush.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net