Saturday, May 15, 2010

Nursing student thinking about become a dental hygienist?

I'm currently a nursing student. I'm really having doubts about it since I've looked into dental hygiene. No weekends, no holidays, better pay...yet with nursing, I'll have so many more options and fields I could go into. I currently work at a hospital on a busy floor and I see everyday how stressed those nurses are and how upset they get when dealing with doctors. It's really made me have second thoughts and dental hygiene just sounds so much more appealing to me. Everytime a nurse finds out I'm in nursing school I get asked why or told to think twice or something. Any advice from nurses, pca's, dental hygeinist/assistance would be appreciated. I'm curious to hear other's opinions? Are dental hygiene programs as stressful/hard as nursing programs? Thanks!

Nursing student thinking about become a dental hygienist?
I am an RN. Ten years now. I wish I had become a dental hygienist, and it is funny you asked that. Every time I go to the dentist for cleaning, I look at how calm everything is, and I wish I had!!!!!
Reply:im a pca and i would never do a nurses job because they have all the issues with paperwork,calling families when loved one dies,there longer if one dies right b4 shift ends,the stress level way to high.oh dont forget about needle sticks,and lawsuits.i love my job because u get to know patients better then nurses because ur with them more and alot of nurses r there just to do pills ang keep moving.as a dental hygentist u get to know ur patients fears and spend a few more minutes with them to teach them proper hygeine to keep those teeth and educate them on infections in blood strem can start from poor teeth cleaning.get out of nursing because the schooling bills never seem to go away and u need to keep going back to school to keep up with all the changes in the fiels to stay a nurse.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net