Friday, May 21, 2010

Okay now,nursing or dental hygienist?

I like both,I have passed prerequests for both,I am 37 years old with 2 children.I like to advance my education and get higher education.Thanks.

Okay now,nursing or dental hygienist?
This truely is a personal decision. While being face with the same type of choice, I looked at all of my options and what each career choice would mean for me. Since I had been out of school for more than 7 years, all of my science classes had to be completed again; it was during this time that I started to check into my options.





I am 35+ with 4 kids (three younger) and a full time going nowhere job. I already have my degree in business and accounting- but I cannot stand sitting behind a desk all day long. After 15 years doing this type of work I am going crazy.





When I started my adventure, I looked not only into nursing and dental hygiene, but programs for rad techs and respiratory therapy too. I asked current students in these programs, students in my science classes- instructors; anyone I could get to listen and answer questions for me. I found recent graduates to be a great area of knowledge. By checking the local community colleges web sites to completely understand my prerequesit requirements, I was able to navigate myself into getting everything that I needed.





After gathering my information together and realizing that I not only wanted a career in the medical industry, but that I wanted a career with flexibility and decent hours; I chose the dental hygienist route.





But this was based on my personal needs, nursing, rad tech and respiratory therapy all had the potential to work afternoons and nights; I have homework to do with the kids- so this would not work out as well. Not to mention they are getting invoved in more extracricular activities and I would like to be able to see them in action.





I got my letter of acceptance into the dental hygienist program and start in May. Your hard work and dedication will pay off no matter which choice you make.





Good Luck with your choice, both of these careers are great to look into for future growth and advancement.
Reply:dental hygienist, if you need less stress and love your career ,its very interesting and rewarding but may not be as flexible as nursing.you get more respect as a hygienist than a nurse-but its all what u want.check labour websites for career outlooks and demand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net