Friday, May 21, 2010

Anyone whos a Dental Hygienist or Dental Assistant?????

I'm planning on getting my degree in both and am curious . . how do you enjoy it and what classes did you have to take for your degree? is the pay decent?


thanks!

Anyone whos a Dental Hygienist or Dental Assistant?????
I am a dental hygienist in the state of Mississippi. You do not have to have a degree to be a dental assistant. Some people choose to obtain a degree, but I don't know what classes they take. I really, really enjoy my career as a dental hygienist. I had to take basic stuff like oral communications, english comp, art appreciation etc. I had to take several sciences A%26amp;P I and II and Organic chemistry I and II. Those were the most difficult. I had to take absolutely no math courses. Those are the prerequisite courses. After being accepted into the program I had two whole years, summer included, of dental hygiene courses. The pay is great. I make 200.00/day at one job and 150.00/day at another.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net